Ear, Nose & Throat Community
swollen uvula

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

swollen uvula

I woke up this am with a sore throat. Felt like something in back of my throat.  The roof of my mouth is white, and the uvula is swollen and almost touching the back of my tongue.  I feel like I should keep swallowing.  Never happened before.  No new foods, meds, etc.  
Excessive snoring after taking a strong sleep-aid gives me the exact same symptoms.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to fungal throat infection. The white patches have a cottage cheese appearance. They can occur as a consequence to throat infection or sometimes steroid inhalers are known to promote their growth. This can also cause inflammation of the uvula. You need to consult  your doctor for proper assessment. In the meantime you can try warm salt water gargles and betadine mouthwashes.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
My uvula will swell seemingly for no reason . Will salt water help that as well?