Ear, Nose & Throat Community
thick, clear, frothy saliva

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

thick, clear, frothy saliva

Hi, for about a month now, I have felt like there's something in the back of my throat, way down my tongue. I have excess sticky saliva, which gets frothy at times especially when I drink soda and I also cough up gel like tiny balls. it's not only nerve wracking, i am constantly spitting like a man because it is a lot in my mouth when I cough (not as in I HAVE to cough, but to clear the blockage it feels over my throat). A couple times, it felt as though I wouldn't be able to swallow!

I do not have insurance and cant afford to go to a doctor, but I'm getting very concerned by now about this. Please email me if you know what the problem is. I've done an internet search to find it could be gerd or something like it, but I don't know...we have prevacid from an old Rx, which hasn't helped much. If it's going to help, how much and how often do i take it. Please, I need to relieve this!

Thank you in advance.
Do you check this anymore? I have the exact same thing, have you found out what this is yet??

Have you found out anything further on your situation?  I have relatively the same issue.  Do you have any idea what may have caused your issue?

Thanks!
I have the same thick stuff that seems stuck between my nose and throat and I feel like I have to swallow constantly. I can sort of cough it out a little but I only get relief for a minute or so. Does any one have any idea yet?