Ear, Nose & Throat Community
throat and vocal cord

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

throat and vocal cord

Hi i had a paralized vocal cord it did recover. took a long time i looked on the video it seemed to look ok the dr seemed to think it was great. i am having problems with mucus swollowing i have told myself i forgot how to drink cuase of the long time with the collegen. i do have sinus problems also in my life wich the dr gave me nasel spray eacn night to use flutiscaone or somthing wich that seemed to be fine but i never had a problem of swolling or mucos its white or clear im not a smoker. the dr is going to have me do things over and over til we run this down i feel we are still going to go in wrong direction. myself i think that the vocal cord is not working way the dr thinks cause this is little of the feelings i had when it became paralized. i do not have drainage in the back of my throat my sinuses are clear when im doing this its after liquids not al the time mainly luquids in morning time. it feels like i do not swollow right like i swollow two ways and its been so long i do not remember how i swollowed properly. would like to know what somone thinks get more info before i go back to dr wich the visits are not sudden cause of my work thanks.
my right vocal cord was paralsised after neck surgrey for three months could polups grow in this amount of time.
You didn't mention that you had neck surgery in your other post.
Hope you are much better now.
Please see my reply to your other post.