Aa
A
A
Close
throat numbness
I am a 26 year old female. About two months ago I started feeling a aching sensation in my neck/throat right above where my adams apple would be to the right. I've poked and dug which I am sure has caused further irritation. At times I feel like I have a soar throat, only when I swallow saliva, not food or liqiuds. When I turn my head the right way and speak it almost feels like something is poking inward. I had a 'stuffy' feeling in my right ear, but not like air plane stuffy. And at times it feels like there might be fluid. Most recently I noticed My right side of my throat all the way down my esophagus is numb. When I drink liquids or swallow even breathing through my nose, I can feel it all on my left but not right. I have an appointment with my GP but cant get in for another 3 weeks. This is driving me nuts and makeing me a nervous wreck! Has anyone had anything similar to this? Any ideas on what could be causeing this????!!! I have two babies and this is causing me so much stress!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I seem to be having a similar problem, only it's been numb there for the past 8 months. The whole left side of my throat is numb when I swallow anything, even gargle water or something like that. My own conclusion was that it had something to do with a dentist appointment that I had a while back - when I was numbed up they shot me up with novacaine 3 times in the same spot. My guess is that I might of swallowed, or something, and it numbed the whole left side of my throat and I never regained sensation in those nerves. Whether that makes any sense at all, I have no clue. Because when I get a small sore throat, it's more sore on the left numb side so I have no idea. It's been over 8 months, though, so it seems permanent to me. I'd like an explanation for the cause of this as well. I am an ex smoker, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources