Ear, Nose & Throat Community
throat pain on one side
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throat pain on one side

I have a pain in my throat when i yawn and sometimes when i swallow.  it is sometimes in the front or in the back by my hairline.  i am a bit of a hypochondriac but i am worried about cancer.  i do not think i have any other symptoms.  i am currently on meds for ibs, acid reflux, high bllod pressure, and stress.
Tags: IBS
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Went to Dr. couple of weeks ago for this on left side.  Told it was post nasal drip.  it went away.  Could this be sinus or muscle spasms from stress?
Blank
242516_tn?1368227505
Post nasal drip is a common cause of pain in the throat, even when one swallows.  Cancer would not be likely, but possible given the right clinical presentation.  It's worth discussing your fears with your doctor so they can reassure you of just how unlikely this would be.

Since you're also on meds for acid reflux (GERD) you could be having sore throat from that.
Blank
what do you mean "the right clinical presentation?"
Blank
242516_tn?1368227505
"the right clinical presentation" means that you have to go get examined by your doctor and they'll put everything together and tell you what the risk of this being cancer is or not.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...