throat pain on one side
I have a pain in my throat when i yawn and sometimes when i swallow.  it is sometimes in the front or in the back by my hairline.  i am a bit of a hypochondriac but i am worried about cancer.  i do not think i have any other symptoms.  i am currently on meds for ibs, acid reflux, high bllod pressure, and stress.
Went to Dr. couple of weeks ago for this on left side.  Told it was post nasal drip.  it went away.  Could this be sinus or muscle spasms from stress?
Post nasal drip is a common cause of pain in the throat, even when one swallows.  Cancer would not be likely, but possible given the right clinical presentation.  It's worth discussing your fears with your doctor so they can reassure you of just how unlikely this would be.

Since you're also on meds for acid reflux (GERD) you could be having sore throat from that.
what do you mean "the right clinical presentation?"
"the right clinical presentation" means that you have to go get examined by your doctor and they'll put everything together and tell you what the risk of this being cancer is or not.