Ear, Nose & Throat Community
throat polyp operation recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

throat polyp operation recovery

5 days ago i had a medium sized polyp removed from the right side of my throat (just near to my tonsil), it was painful, but no more than i expected, and after 2 days, it started to feel like it was getting betetr. the pain was lessoning. im now on day 5 and  its got alot worse, but almost like a different kind of pain. my tongue has swollen very slightly, and i have ear ache on the side where i had the operation. im taking the strongest dissolvable pain killers in the pharmacy. i was shocked to know that the hopsital didnt want to see me for a check up, and didnt even call me the next day to see how i was after the anesthetic. is this a normal healing process? to get better ish then worse etc? and is earache normal? please help!
pepsi's girl, england
I would say yes it is normal with socialized medicine.  Good luck with all that.

-Daryl512, USA
i have got a nose polyp growth in both my nose. its come to a point where it is bleeding ,i see blood when i clean up my throat and spit, i am also experiencing ear pain. is nasal polyps and ear pain in any way related.
I had a polyp removed friday and this is monday. It was in my throat and very small but after the removal my ear ached and I had to take 2 pills to relieve it.  I took one the next day and have been gargleling with salt water.  The doctor didn't tell me to do this but I think it is helping because the pain is much less now and getting better all the time.
My advice to you would be to see a doctor if it is getting worse. You might have an infection.  Try the salt water mean while.  I always threaten to sue the doc if they won't let me in right away   when I had a HMO. Now I don't have to worry because I have different ins.  Good luck to you
wow...that sounds crazy but i hope it worked out and you got better.  
for about a week now i have been feeling something in my throat.  nothing big but that's not normal so a coworker told me to have it looked at. do they get bigger if untreated???at first i kept thinking if i drank something it would wash away but apparently not! lol guess i should make an appointment :(