Ear, Nose & Throat Community
throat polyp operation recovery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throat polyp operation recovery

5 days ago i had a medium sized polyp removed from the right side of my throat (just near to my tonsil), it was painful, but no more than i expected, and after 2 days, it started to feel like it was getting betetr. the pain was lessoning. im now on day 5 and  its got alot worse, but almost like a different kind of pain. my tongue has swollen very slightly, and i have ear ache on the side where i had the operation. im taking the strongest dissolvable pain killers in the pharmacy. i was shocked to know that the hopsital didnt want to see me for a check up, and didnt even call me the next day to see how i was after the anesthetic. is this a normal healing process? to get better ish then worse etc? and is earache normal? please help!
pepsi's girl, england
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would say yes it is normal with socialized medicine.  Good luck with all that.

-Daryl512, USA
Blank
i have got a nose polyp growth in both my nose. its come to a point where it is bleeding ,i see blood when i clean up my throat and spit, i am also experiencing ear pain. is nasal polyps and ear pain in any way related.
Blank
I had a polyp removed friday and this is monday. It was in my throat and very small but after the removal my ear ached and I had to take 2 pills to relieve it.  I took one the next day and have been gargleling with salt water.  The doctor didn't tell me to do this but I think it is helping because the pain is much less now and getting better all the time.
My advice to you would be to see a doctor if it is getting worse. You might have an infection.  Try the salt water mean while.  I always threaten to sue the doc if they won't let me in right away   when I had a HMO. Now I don't have to worry because I have different ins.  Good luck to you
Blank
wow...that sounds crazy but i hope it worked out and you got better.  
for about a week now i have been feeling something in my throat.  nothing big but that's not normal so a coworker told me to have it looked at. do they get bigger if untreated???at first i kept thinking if i drank something it would wash away but apparently not! lol guess i should make an appointment :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...