Ear, Nose & Throat Community
throbbing throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

throbbing throat

for about 2 months and a few days I have been having a throat problem.  It started out as a tickle at the base of my throat where the valve is that closes. It then start to feel acidic for a about a week then ever since that I have had a weird light throbbing pain in my throat for a long time now. It seems to hurt more when I drink cold liquids and is soothing when I drink hot liquids. It feels like that pain you get when you drink something cold really fast, but its constant and all the time.  I'm 28yrs old off and on smoker, male.  I don't feel a lump in my throat and it doesnt hurt to swallow. Its just a constant light throbbing pain in the middle part of my throat that will not go away. Any Ideas?