Ear, Nose & Throat Community
tinnitus cure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

tinnitus cure?

Has anyone out there actually experienced a medical cure for tinnitus?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The typical course of tinnitus involves habituation over time, people tend to get used to the sound. Otherwise, treatment for tinnitus lies in treating the underlying cause. Sometimes "white noise" may help suppress the sound so that it's less bothersome using an electronic device. They are white noise machines, hearing aids, masking devices and tinnitus retraining with a training device.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
From my experience and that of others who've suffered Tinnitus (check http://tinnitussuccess.com/stories for some stories), the most important component of successfully treating tinnitus is being able to distract yourself from the Tinnitus sound. In other words, ending the negative reaction to the noise.. hope it helps others
There is no cure. I've been dealing with it for the past 20 years since I was 14.