tinnitus or roaring pressure noise in ears
I need help badly as I have had a roaring pressing in my ears for 2 weeks and ent and md said tinnitus.  They gave little hope to ease symptoms.  This keeps me awake and have to take ambien to fall asleep.  I have been on remeron and ambien for about 6 years, however, my therapist states that I am free to stop the meds.  I hear this roaring all day long and it is worse at night.  I have profound hearing nerve loss but have never experience anything like this before.  I need help or meds to give me relief.  The ent said tmj might be problem but  he did not perform any tests, nor did the md.  One gave antibiotice (which did not help) and other gave steroids which i could not take becaue it elevated my blood sugar too high (diabetic)
go to MayoClinic.com  and type in Tinnitus, they have some real good info about why, what and where to find some help.
You may want to visit witha neurologist. But I would also get some testing done via an audiologist too.  Yes it is true there is little that can be done for tinnitus, but you need to check out and make sure that there are no serious issues at hand.

good luck