Ear, Nose & Throat Community
tonsiliths?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

tonsiliths?

I was just flossing my teeth when I noticed a small yellowish/white growth on one of my tonsils. I reached back and grabbed it out, thinking it was just some left over food. I was trying to get all of it out, but it seemed to keep coming back, no matter how much I tried to get it all out. The growth is a bit solid, but not completely. Would this be tonsiliths, or something else? Thanks for your help
sorry for the quick bump, but i'd like to note also that there isn't any more of the pus/whatever it is that I can see
thi sounds like what i just had a couple hours ago. my tonsil is full of it and when i went to scrape it off a bunch more popped out and i threw up because it was so gross.
wikipedia has a good entry on tonsilloliths, as does the NY Times.