unable to smell anything
I HAD A HEAD COLD IN FEBRUARY AND I USED AFRIN IN EACH NOSTRIL. IT CLEARED UP MY SINUSES BUT NOW I CAN'T SMELL ANYTHING. I MEAN SKUNKS, CANDLES,OR ANYTHING!!!!! IF I DO GET A WHIFF OF ANYTHING I SMELL CLEANING FLUIDS EVERY TIME , INSTEAD OF WHAT IT ACTUALLY IS. WHAT IS WRONG???
I had a head cold in November of last year and it left me unable to smell or tell the different in things orders. Well, now I have a horrible taste and what I do smell all smells the same. Perfume, candles, cleaning fluids, everything smells the same and that's on the days when I can smell orders so if you get any information please pass it on to me, I have been to two ENT's only to be given nasals sprays and nasals rinse.
Allergies and sinus infections can cause a loss of smell/taste and apparently so can nasal decongestants, which is what you took - Afrin. Having an infection in the sinuses could cause a bad smell/taste, when you consider having infection on other parts of the body produce a bad smell too Cindysue. Just a thought. :)
My sense of smell has gone completely after using this nasal spray on and off for 2 weeks due to hay fever. I have stopped using it now, does anyone know if my sense of smell will return?