vagus nerve damage
9 months ago I had a cyst removed in my throat and during surgery the docs cut a 1 inch hole in my pharax.  I couldn't eat solid foods for 7 months and even now I am in continuous pain, have trouble swallowing and eating and I have constant pain behind my head and in my ear.  I found out a few months ago that the docs also damaged the vagus nerve number 10.  I have been told that there is no cure for me and I will stay in pain.  Are there any other options out there?  Will my symptoms/pain get worse?
I have problems with dizziness and numbness sometimes on the left side of my body , immediately after I feel this come on I have a small seizure and have to go to use the bathroom, weird sensations feel really weird and off balance etc doc says it may be vagus nerve andone know about this??  thanks sydnejo
Hello everyone: I am searching for answers with a health problem I have had for years, I   I have the strangest symptoms, just can't figure this out, I am ok one minute and then I will feel werid and dizzy, then as I said in last post (just going into more detail here) I can have one eye feel swollen a bit and have what they have told me is a small seizure, then I may have to go to the bathroom, as embarassing as this is to explain thats it, I feel weird for a bit then it goes away I would say it felt like something getting sparked in my nervous system? seems like it anyway, doc says vagus nerve could be to blame but how do we find out or tell , also have bad acid reflux quite constantly.  Just wonder if the vagus nerve goes into the nose and through the bowels... thanks everyone, sydnejo