vocal cord contact ulcer
what is the typical sizs of contact ulcers on vocal cords?

what is the largest that have been documented.

I have one that is 4-5 mm.

My daughter had bilateral vocal cord nodules for 3 yrs and needed voice therapy.  Turned out, in her case, they were aggravated by severe reflux we never knew she had because it never came up high enough into her mouth for her to feel it, yet it came up to the vocal cords and caused massive pain and cont'd nodules.

After 3 mos on Prevacid and a rescope, they went away completely and have never come back!

Good luck and Welcome!

C~
Up to a few millimeters is typical.  Yours is not too unusual.  I really don't know what the largest size ever documented is!
Thanks for your response.  Mine is from acid reflux and starts on the rear left vocal cord and extends to between the vocal cords remaining on the left vocal cord.

In your practice have many of these turned up cancerous? I am a nonsmoker.

I am scheduled for a bispsy and endoscopy on July 21 if it doesnt improve.  I am very upset about this ulcer.

These can look rather ugly, but I have never seen one turn out to be cancer - particularly in a non-smoker.  Even so, your plan is a smart.  In the meantime, watch your diet, take your ant-acid medicine and be nice to your voice/throat.  Good luck!