Ear, Nose & Throat Community
wart on uvula

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

wart on uvula

Dr.

about two years ago I had sexual intercourse (unprotected) with a girl who had previously had cervical cancer due to the hpv virus.  No oral sex was performed.  About a year ago I noticed a sensation in my throat like something is stuck in there.  I kind of let it slide until now when I noticed it again.  I went to an ENT and he said that it was a wart that has grown on the right side of my uvula. I know that this can be caused by the HPV virus.  He says it looks benign but will have it sent out once it is removed to see if it is cancerous.  What are the odds of the wart actually being cancerous or are the odds so small that I shouldn't even worry about it.  Any input is appreciated. Thank you!
i have to get mine removed on friday as well.. what were your results? im scared too!