Ear, Nose & Throat Community
weird hole in tonsil bot not tonsil stones

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

So I got a mild case of sinus last week which is nothing new for me. Started out with the normal sore throat and what not. Later on, I noticed something felt weird in my throat after a few days of it being sore. My right tonsil has a hole, like a wound, and while it doesn't hurt, it does feel weird and annoying when I swallow.

I know about tonsil crypts but this seems like a deep hole and it wasn't there before and I've never suffered from tonsil stones. I've only had tonsillitis once in my life and that was 2 years ago (I'm 19). my tonsils aren't even swollen or in any kind of pain so this is just odd. I've also noticed that it seems to have been closing slightly than when I first saw it.

Any idea of what could have happened. Could the post nasal drip have irritated it. Is it something I might have drank (orange juice?)

please help.
So sorry no one had an answer for you.  I have the same thing happening to me.  I do not have tonsil stones either, but the doc seems to think so.  Mine is different and I wish I had some answers.  Well if you receive an answer I guess I will.
i have the same thing goin on... except my tonsil has been swollen for well over a year. it has a hole and sometimes it turns white and (extremely gross) a white ball falls out of it... i have never heard of this happening... it is very nasty... anybody know what this is?
This has happened to me before, a few times actually and it happened to me tonight as well, I'm only 18 and was only 17 when it first happened. It scares me because I don't know what it is, I went to the doctor's the first time and they thought I took an allergic reaction to something so they just told me to go home and it would take its course ( as if ).  I have a canker underneath my tongue and it's been hurting now for about 4 days maybe longer, and its beginning to make my throat hurt so tonight I looked in the mirror and noticed the puss pockets on the right side of my throat same side as usual. I still don't know what to do about this? I don't want to go to the doctors until my canker goes away. Should I wait or should I go asap?