Ear, Nose & Throat Community
weird nose noises?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

weird nose noises?

for the past month my nose has been making weird noises....it clears and then it starts making a clicking/cracking noise from inside....also if i breathe in really hard or breath out really hard the noise is there too.....im a 20 year old female.....also my nose clears on its own like 10 times a day and then gets stuffy again....its annoying and it feels like im breathing im through a hole with straws in it
last thing...when i breath in i feel air at the back of my throat gettig stuck...is this somthing significant? or is it just one of those stupid annoying things?

thanks peeps

maria
Tags: sleep
Avatar n tn
I would say it was nothing my nose used to do that once in awhile to. It could be allergies or chronic sinitus. These arn't very serious usually solved with nose spray
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Maria, have you gotten any relief?  I'm having the same problem..in fact I've recorded the noises and played it for 2 ENT's (one of whom did a CT scan and said everything looks fine).  Played it for my Family Practitioner who described it as crackling with intermittent "chirps"...then sent me to a Pulmonary doctor.  He wants to do a sleep study (since mine is loudest in the wee hours of the morning).  I've tried saline solutions with no success.  I'm getting desperate for sleep.  I've even tried temporarily stopping my meds one at a time to see if one of them is causing this.  Frustrating that this happens mainly during the night and always when I'm lying down so that (until I recorded it) the situtation wasn't present while at the doctors' offices and just describing it sounded strange..even to me. Sorry about the "vacant" post previously.
Superdiem1