Ear, Nose & Throat Community
what does sinus draining entail?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what does sinus draining entail?

About 2  1/2 months ago I got a bad tooth infection that turned into a bad sinus infection in spite of three courses of penicillin and two tooth extractions. The sinus infection never went away and has been making my life miserable. So finally I go for a CT scan, which confirmed that I have pansinusitis (ALL of my sinuses on the left side of my face are completely full. Radiologist said not a single speck of open space left) and I have been referred to an ENT and put on Levaquin. One of the things mentioned that they might do is drain the sinuses. I have to have relief and will put up with whatever, but I watch way too many House MD shows and am worried that they are going to pull out some big needle and jam it in my face like a facial lumbar puncture. Can somebody clue me in about this procedure from a patient's point of view? Doctors always say, "this will just pinch a little" while holding the giant needle behind their back (yeah, I'm a needle phobe).