what is happening to my tongue
I felt a sting at the left side of my tongue it is like a twisted vein then  after an hour a lump just suddenly appeared on the left side of neck under the jaw. It's 3 hours past now, I don't feel any pain on my neck even if I tried to strech it I only feel a bit of sting on the left side of tongue still but it's not painful. I can't sleep I am so worried I wake in the morning and it doubles. I am having a bad  stubborn cough for 4 days now.Please tell me what I am having right now. Pls!!!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The lesion on the tongue could be an ulcer. The swelling must be a lymph node. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. The source of infection for you appears to be on the throat and tongue. Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.