Ear, Nose & Throat Community
what is it? i need to know

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

what is it? i need to know

i have slight pains now and again. in my ear
i went too the doctors they said its red and refferd me two a ear specialist(or something)
they said my hearings fine BUT its all red down there and theres a growth.
he called another doctor in and he said its a polype with no fuss.
the other won said its close to the surface and he finks its a some kind of tumor.
what is it??
should i be worried?
If one is calling it a polyp and another says it's a tumor, i'd worry it's a tumor even though it's likely to be a benign polyp

i'd get another second opinion
Avatar n tn
Hi  I just had a polyp removed from the back of my throat on the side by my tonsils and it was small but the pain after was severe enough for me to take 2 pain pills. That was last friday and this is monday and it is getting better.  According to the doctor it is not malignant.
It seems alot of people get these in their lifetime.  Hope this is the last one for me. I hope you are going to a good ENT doctor.  That is the only doctor for the throat that I would go to.