whats wrong with my ear??
Hi all! I have had a reaaal painful ear for almost 3 days now and i dont know what it is! All i know is it hurts so bad, sometimes theres sharp pains and other times its a throbbing pain. I have been to the doctors and he looked in my ear and he said as far as he could see there is no sign of infection. What could be causing my ear so much pain if its not that? Do you think i should go to a hospital where its a bit more professional? Also i had a cold/glandular fever a week ago but am fine now. Many thanks!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Throat infections can cause ear pain. There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations and warm salt water gargles can help clear the tube. If it persists consult your doctor for a re evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.