white coating on back of tongue and post nasal drip?
can post nasal drip cause a white coating on the back of the tongue? i brush and floss pretty regularly, but for a few months i've noticed a whitish coating on the back of my tongue. it doesn't look like thrush at all. sorry for the grossness, but mucus also collects at the back of my tongue. i have a long history of allergies and sinus issues but i've never really had a coating this prominent before. does anyone know what it is or how to clear it up?

i have no autoimmune diseases and i took metronidazole about a month ago, but like i said, i had this problem prior to the antibiotics so i don't think its thrush.
The post nasal drip should not really be causing the white coating on the back of the tongue.  I do have thrush a lot of the time and use one of those tongue scrapers every day.  If stuff comes off, it's probably thrush.
I have a white coating also have seen a couple Dr's they said no way was that thrush and they just kind of blew it off like no big deal.  But I did go see an ear, nose and throat specialist and he does think it is related to my chronic sinus problems and the thick mucus.  He also mention that the thick mucus may be related to excessive alcohol consumption.