Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
recovery for mastoidectomy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

recovery for mastoidectomy

Hi, I had a mastoidectomy  9/3 and really am wondering just how long I need to stay home? I was off almost 2 weeks and went back for four days. My dr. said I should have taken more care...? He is so vague-- now I'm thinking I went back too early? It went well, and I've been off pain pills since about the 4th or 5th day. I'm in good health but am 53 and I teach needy children in the 2nd grade. You know....teachers never sit down and we get stressed easily! Should I take more time off?  (it's been almost 3 weeks now) My doctor said I was pushing it-- but when pressed for an answer- he won't say exactly. Thanks for your help!

kk53
Tags: mastoid