Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Chronic Ear Infection, Headaches and 14 weeks pregnant
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Ear Infection, Headaches and 14 weeks pregnant

I am a very active (run 3-5 times per week and lift weights) 32 year old mother of two who has been battling somewhat severe headaches for 17 months.  Prior to having my second child, I would get the occassional headache that most everyone gets.  I have also had trouble "clearing" my ears for the past 13 months.  They always feel full.
My PCM had just tried to keep piling on the drugs to "cure" things.  First Flonase, then add on Claritin, then add on Sudafed and also Elavil (for the headaches).  For the past 6 weeks I've been battling a Right Ear Infection that just won't go away.  I was also told my left ear is "bulging" but not red. I was also diagnosed with Strep Throat six weeks ago but it seemed to clear up after the Z-Pack.  I've taken Amoxicillin, Z-Pack and now am on Augmenten.  Now that I'm pregnant, my OB has switched the Claritin to Allegra to see if that will help.  I stopped taking Elavil since it is a Class D drug as soon as I missed my period and stopped the Sudafed since it wasn't helping to clear my ears.  I was taking Tylenol (way too much) for the headaches and earache but was switched to Fiorecet a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately, it doesn't help most of the time. My OB has put in referrels to an ENT and Neurologist to see what is going on.  My question is what are they looking for from serious to minor?  Should I be concerned about a tumor?  What diagnostic procedures will they most likely use?