Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Constant dizziness and vertigo
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Constant dizziness and vertigo

Is this labyrinthitis or BBPV? oR what
Hi there I am new to these boards and just wondered what this is

So the story goes, approx 3 months ago while at work I was talking to someone and i felt that i was going to start a spin although it only lasted 3-4 seconds I was scared and put it down to a cold I had the preceding week. Then at the weekend I felt sick all saturday but fine then up to tuesday morning. I was driving to work and I stopped at a junction, then it happened, I spun to the left and it would n't stop it lasted approx 20-25 seconds until I managed to get my vision to stabilise (I ask myself why did it wait until I had stopped driving)
I continued my journey and went to work. From that day, and it has been 14 weeks since, I have felt a constant dizziness and drunkness that just won't go away. At first with other symptoms such as sleeping 10 hours a day when I usually sleep for 5, nausea on and off.

What could it be and how do i get rid of it?

Thanks