Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Constant ringing in both ears
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Constant ringing in both ears

Dear Dr.
I have had constant high pitched loud ringing in both ears for at least the last 6 months.  Sometimes the noise is so loud that I can't hear the TV and have to increase the volume.  My family dr examined me in March and found fluid in both ears and prescribed an antibiotic.  The school nurse (I'm a teacher) checked twice since and I still have a small amount of fluid and a little wax.  I used the earwax remover she suggested but it didn't stop the ringing.  Some nights I wake up because my ear feels wet (it isn't) and I have occassional pain in one or both ears.  Lately I have difficulty understanding people on the phone otherwise I think my hearing is fine.  I'm a 52 year old female.  In your opinion, what could be causing the constant ringing?  Thank you