Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
479581 tn?1317761088
Constant ringing in both ears
Dear Dr.
I have had constant high pitched loud ringing in both ears for at least the last 6 months.  Sometimes the noise is so loud that I can't hear the TV and have to increase the volume.  My family dr examined me in March and found fluid in both ears and prescribed an antibiotic.  The school nurse (I'm a teacher) checked twice since and I still have a small amount of fluid and a little wax.  I used the earwax remover she suggested but it didn't stop the ringing.  Some nights I wake up because my ear feels wet (it isn't) and I have occassional pain in one or both ears.  Lately I have difficulty understanding people on the phone otherwise I think my hearing is fine.  I'm a 52 year old female.  In your opinion, what could be causing the constant ringing?  Thank you
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
517297 tn?1212081618
You require an audiogram- It s likely a result of chronic hearing loss. A complete examination and audiogam should reveal the problem.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
479581 tn?1317761088
Thank you for answering my question.  I will schedule an appt for an audiogram.  I already made an appt with an ENT for late July.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1242971 tn?1268396841
A related discussion, Ringing in both ears. was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now