Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Deviated septum etc

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Deviated septum etc

Hello, thanks for taking my question. I'm sure as a doctor your time is quite limited, but is there any way you could take a peek at the webpage I made with my MRI images?  (The coronal slices begain about halfway down the page):

http://robsaysrelax.googlepages.com/home

I set that page up to document my supra orbital tumor (I'm sure you can see that clearly), but I'm also told I had a deviated septum and inflammation, and that this is causing my nose to feel blocked & may also be contributing in part or all to my continuious headache issue (a dull, relentless frontal headache x 3 years).    So, I'm wondering if you see anything out of the ordinary there,,and I presume the Coronal images are the best view and they begin about halfway down.   Do you see anything unusual that I could point out to my doctor ?

Thanks for your time,  Rob.
You need a lidocaine test wherein your nose and septum are treated with anesthesia- if your headaches resolve, you may be having contact headaches.
Can a deviated septum that makes you breathe thru the mouth cause gringing of the teeth and cheeks?
My ENT doctor want to do the surgery and then see if the grinding stops..  If it doesn't help he wants me to have a sleep apnea test.
Shouldn't the test be done before the surgery?
Thanks for your help.
Sonny