Ear Odor
A few months ago I took antibiotics for an ear infection.  However, 3 months later, I noticed a funny smell on my finger after itching my ear, but no pain.  I didn't go to the doctor about my ear infection b/c it wasn't my first...so I took antibiotics that I had at home and it went away.  Every once in a while my ear will ache, but the pain doesn't last longer than a day.  Now, I'm noticing this funky odor from my ear canal.  It smells just like a dog's ear when a fungal infection is present.  Yes, I use Q-tips...Yes, I know I shouldn't.  Is there a home remedy I can use instead of going to the doctor?  Every once in a while, I also use peroxide in my ear.  Should I stop, is this all related??
If you look on the internet long enough, you might find various home remedies that work to change the pH of the ear canal; however, if you do have a persistent or recurrent infection, you should be evaluated by a physician.  Using Q-tips can lead to getting outer ear infections more frequently.  However, if you have a middle ear infection with a tympanic membrane perforation, you could still have drainage coming from your outer ear.