Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
NEED HELP....

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

NEED HELP....

I need help.  For about a year now I have dealt with a swaying sensations and clicking in my ears every time I swallow.  I feel like I am permanently drunk or high.  I find it very hard to concentrate and feel as though my memory is not as good as it used to be (have a hard time finding words....just feel dumb). I also have been feeling pain in the right side of my neck and that is also the ear that seems to be giving me the most problems.  I have been taking singulair and nasaqort and it seems to be helping the clicking noise.  But now I have a sharp pain under the right side of my jaw.  Please someone chime in and tell me what you think.  I have been dealing with this for a long time and I am starting to get really upset about it and dont even want to work.  PLEASE HELP!
The clicking in your ears when swallowing is likely the opening of the eustacian tube near the back of your nose.  The eustacian tube is used to regulate the pressure in your middle ear.  When there is inflammation, obstruction of the opening, it becomes difficult to regulate the pressure.  The use of the nasal steroid spray will help decrease inflammation in your nose to try and help any eustacian tube dysfunction you may have.  The pains in your jaw could stem from many different things from your jaw joint to ear issues to processes occuring in your neck.  A thorough exam would be helpful to rule out various causes of your discomfort.  It is possible to experience some sensations of being off balance with middle ear pressure changes, however, other conditions can contribute to this sensation and relate to the balance function of the inner ear.  The lack sensation in your legs are likely not related but need to be worked up appropriately by a physician sooner rather than later.  Best wishes.
I forgot to mention I also feel like I am getting weaker.  My legs feel numb and I cant even lift weights any more.  
Thank you Dr. I know you probably hear the same things day in and day out, but this is really getting debilitating.  I talked to my docs PA today and he is going to refer me to another ENT and neurologist and just do whatever tests are necessary.  Do you think that there could be a problem in the brain?  It just seems odd that I would have this may things going on at once.  At first it was the flashing blue dots and ear issues, now my neck and joints are hurting.  Haven't sutdied anatomy in about three years and dont remember where the cranial nerves for eyes and ears are.....  Any possibility?
A related discussion, M.R.I. or Ct scan was started.