Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Rushing Noise in left ear

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Rushing Noise in left ear

I have a rushing noise in my left ear that strangely comes with my heartbeat.  What on earth could cause this.
As posted, pulsatile tinnitus is the term that may be related to what you are experiencing.  It is a noise sensation that is in rhythm with the heartbeat.  This can be caused by blood vessels in or around the ear, eustacian tube dysfunction, changes in the vessels or blood pressure, as well as various tumors in or near the ear.  Make sure you get evaluated by an ent physician.  Good luck.  
The doctor will answer your question better, but in the meantime, look up "pulsatile tinnitus" and see if that sounds familiar.