Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Severe nose swelling after a rhinoplasty for nasion

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I had a nasion angle deformity (congenital) for which i got surgery done for that.. three sugeries were performed so far. the first one, didn't add much to sooth my condition. the second was the major one, to give boost to aesthetic appearance. the third surgery was done one year back. But since my second surgery, theres a swelling in my nose, which during daytime aggravates with spicy, hot foods and with exertion. Swelling goes down during night and during my sleep.... I consulted so many physicians but in vain. Is it due to some damage to lymph nodes??
Without getting a look in your nose and understanding what part of your nose is swelling, it is difficult to ascertain the complete picture of your problem.  It is unlikely that you are having lymph node swelling within the nose.  You could be sensing the swelling of your nasal turbinates.  Turbinates are in each side of your nose (three on each side) and help to humidify the air that you breath.  If the surgeries you have had have decreased the size within your nasal cavity, you may be more sensitive to normal engorgement of your turbinates.  Conditions such as having allergies or vasomotor rhinitis could also contribute to enlarged turnbinates.  Good luck.