Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Sore ear and throat

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sore ear and throat
Hi, I've had this for nearly a week now - and not sure if it is serious enough to spend some $ and go to the doctor.  Initally symptoms were fever, runny nose and sore throat - which lasted for 2 days.  I had noticed a white patch on my left tonsil.  It has now developed into an ear ache with the white patch is still there.  Have tried gargling salt water which does make it a little better and some cough lollies which numbs the pain.  My throat hurts when I swallow.

Any advice?  I dont know what it could be!
Throat infections can cause inflammation that can lead to ear pain.  You should get evaluated as you might need antibiotics if the symptoms have been present for over a week.  Good luck.