Throat / hyoid question.

Last week I sneezed very hard and immediately after my throat was very sore and swallowing caused moderate to severe pain right above my adams apple. After a few days the pain went away and I forgot about the episode. Two nights ago I yawned and I felt and heard a pop in my throat. The pain again was immediate and swallowing is very painful. I also am very hoarse and I constantly feel like I need to clear my throat (which I am trying not to do). I am relatively healthy with no problems, so this is a new experience for me.

I have read that some people can experience this if their Hyoid pops out of place. I am unsure if this is what is happening to me or if it is something completely different. I would appreciate any expert advice I can receive on this issue. Normally, I would just make a Dr's appointment. However, I was just furloughed last month and I am without benefits for the time being.

Thanks in advance.