Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Tinnitus
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tinnitus

I've had tinnitus now for 6 months.  It all started when I did a few lines of cocaine in November of 2007.  Shortly after I developed serious sinus problems where I had major swelling on the inside of my nose along with pain on the bridge.  And then........I woke up with ringing in my ears 1 1/2 weeks later.  The ringing got louder as the sinus problems continued.  Short of 3 sinus infections to date I really don't have too much to complain about with my sinuses.  The tinnitus on the other hand is a big problem.

The tinnitus ranges between the sound of a dog whistle, tea pot or the high pitched frequency an old tv or computer monitor produces.  I do not have a sensor neural hearing loss based on the hearing test I had done at the ENT office.  In fact it turned out very good.  A CT scan and MRI don't warrant any major problems such as tumors.

What do I do now?  I've posted all of the results of the CT scan, MRI and hearing test so please visit my profile to see these.  I'm taking klonopin because I'm a nervous wreck.  I've also been on flonase for 5 months now.

Meds I'm currently on:
Flonase
Cipro (for last sinus infection)
Klonopin
Alegra-D

Other meds I've taken:
Biaxin
Bactrin
Z-pack
Ambien CR

Please help.  I'm desperate.