Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
bugs enter the body

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

bugs enter the body

what if a bug enters to the nose?
Tags: nose
Try to make sure it comes out!  Use saline rinses if you have trouble.  You can always get evaluated if you feel there is an issue.  Good luck.
My ear surgeon's office has several huge boards covered with tiny bags pinned to them containing stuff that has come out of people's ears, noses, and throats, collected by the previous longtime ENT in that office over a generation. Little slips of paper identify the item and what age patient it came out of. It's absolutely astounding. Lots of bugs in there! and everything else you can think of--coins, bits of plastic, beads, ants, wasps, bones, etc. My favorite is the kid who stuffed a bean in each ear.

My daughter stuffed a small daisy up her nose once. Another time I was alarmed when my toddler son kept telling me he had a bee stuck in his ear. I soon figured out he had an ear infection--he explained the pain by thinking he'd been stung by a bee!

My most embarrassing ENT moment was when I got the barbed end of a two-inch-long salmon bone stuck firmly on one tonsil. It was poking all the way across my throat into the other tonsil. I could see it, but could not reach it, so had to have a doc get it out. Do NOT ask me why I swallowed it--my mind was totally somewhere else while eating! (And this was when I was already a grown-up!)

Nancy T.
I had a nasion angle deformity (congenital) for which i got sugery done for that.. three sugeries were performed so far. the first one, didn't add much to sooth my condition. the second was the major one, to give boost to aesthetic appearance. the third surgery was done one year back. But since my second surgery, theres a swelling in my nose, which during daytime aggravates with spicy, hot foods and with exertion. Swelling goes down during night and during my sleep.... I consulted so many physicians but in vain. My problem couldn't exactly diagnosed. if anyone is suffering from the same condition and can tell ,what could have gone wrong in the surgery.