Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
chronic cold

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

chronic cold

My age 33 yrs and have chronic cold. I have a cold prob which is not stopping means , I have cold now since 1-2 months and had not stopped. I tried to take medicine sinarest with doxy 1 and lima(chewy tab) , still no result. The symptoms are , there is a very thin liquid like water, but a little dense than water, which is coming out from the nose. And to tell you also, that it can wet my handkerchief in just 1 hour. Also I get lot of snizzing. And it can go upto 10 snizes at one time also. There is also one more thing : i feel like scratching the inner walls of the nose as it gets irritated. ALso one more thing. I also feel like scratching the inner upper side of the mouth. So I usually do wth tongue.
And this prob has been since 5 yrs , so sometimes I have it for 15 days and sometimes even for 1 month, but this time it hadnt stopped.
Tags: chronic, Cold
It is possible to have a persistent "cold" for several weeks.  Persistent nasal drainage can be due to chronic sinus infections, leaks of the fluid around the brain (cerebrospinal fluid), tumors, reflux, nasal irritation or rhinitis.  The itchiness and sneezing suggests that you may have an allergic component to your drainage.  You should be evaluated by an ent doctor to better characterize your symptoms and correlate it to your physcial exam.  If you do have allergies, there are treatments that can be helpful.  Best wishes.