Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
heartburn

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

heartburn
I have been living with heartburn for a long time now an have seen a doctor about it Im going back to doctor again an hoping to have the scope put down to find out what it is, could it be a ulcer? or something worse thats coursing this for me...Denise
Obviously, increased gastric acidity or reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus can cause discomfort and changes to the lining of the esophagus.  Whether an ulcer has formed or not needs to be assessed during the endoscopy.  At the same time, your physician will be able to examine the lining of the stomach and esophagus for any other concerns.  The important thing is that you are getting examined.  Best wishes.  
i had an endo and found hiatal hernia ,small ulcer,moderate gastritis, stricture which was dilated  and mucosa chroic imflamation of esohagus. im on nexium 40 mg 2xd which am suppose to lesten but when i do it pain comes back in upper stomach .on this for 4 mo now .i get diahrea now with it. i also take malox what do i take better than nexium as im cant wait for this to go,