Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
labyrinthitis
When I was 28 weeks pregnant I awoke to ringing in my ears and diminishing hearing on my right side, vertigo started hours later and then no hearing in my right ear.  I saw an otoneurologist w/in  12 hours and he injected steroids into my right ear.  Symptoms worsened over days to come and had another steroid injection a week later and was put on a taper dose of steroids for 10 days.  It has now been 12 weeks and the dizziness is only slightly there but I still am unable to hear out of my right ear and ringing (roaring, popping, and other noises) is still there.  I'm scheduled to have a c-section next week.  Dr. thinks I have labyrinthitis and will do MRI and CT scan after delivery.  Could this be complicated by pregnancy??  Will I get my hearing back??  Similar thing happened 8 years ago on left side and left me w/ partial hearing in left ear but duration was much shorter then.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
554959 tn?1216064566
Continue with the recommendations of the otologist.  Sudden hearing loss occurs and has varying rates of return.  Because of your pregnancy, steroid injections were a great idea.  Radiologic imaging is also a good plan once the child is delivered.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now