Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
sinus infection that has moved behind the eye

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

My wife had a cranial decompression surgery in december and after surgery has had unexplained neutropenia. All her doctors flip flop around on her and she can't seem to get any real direction as to what to do and where to go. The lack of concern blows me away. my questions are what type of doctor would best meet her needs. She has seen a hematologist, immunologist, rheumatologist, and neurosurgeon. She was also told to go to the mayo clinic but we have aetna insurance and they say they don't cover the mayo clinic. She now has some type of infection that started in her sinuses and spread behind her eyes. a cyst has developed in the same area and they are talking about possible surgery if it doesn't clear up. the only antibiotic they had her on was amoxicillin and it's been 6-7 weeks. does any of this sound familiar or can anyone give direction. she needs help.  
Sounds like a complex set of circumstances.  If there is a spreading infection with a lesion, further work up is definitely needed.  A full ent evaluation would be helpful to assess sinus involvement.  Make sure all your previous records and scans are with you for the appointment.