Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
what does the normal anatomy of the throat look like

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I'm very paranoid about throat cancer because I have hpv. I was looking in my throat and I noticed there were some small white spots and I don't think they are raised. Is this normal? I recently had a ENT look at me for a check up. Wouldn't he of said something if it was strange?  Is it normal or is the throat always all red?  You know the part after your tonsils the very back of your throat what's it supposed to look like
There can be slight variations in the appearance of the tissues in the throat.  If you have concerns about specific areas, you should definitely discuss these with the physician that examined you.  It is understandable to be concerned and is appropriate to share these concerns with your doctor.  Best wishes.
thank you well would you mind telling me if that could be normal my doctors app isn't until 2 weeks.