Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
yeast infection in ear?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

yeast infection in ear?

My husband has had some type of infection in his ear for about 2 weeks.  He's seen two different doctors, and each has said something different (and prescribed something different).  Most recently, he was told that he has a yeast infection in his ear and prescribed dyflucan.  I've been looking around on the net and not finding any info regarding such a thing (although, I now understand that it is a chronic problem in dogs...but my husband is not a canine...)  I would really appreciate some advice.  We've already spent over $300.00 and he's not getting any better.  (His ear started with pain, followed by drainage (including blood-- but the doc said his eardrum did not burst), now his ear has been plugged for a week....
any help would be appreciated,
thanks