Dry Flaky Ear With Moisture
I have a friend who has this flaky dry stuff in her ear. When she picks it out it's like her ear is oozing moist stuff out. She has been to the doctor and he gave her some drops to use but they have not helped. She has had this problem for years now. The doctor told her that she didn't have any ear wax. Have any idea what this could be?

Thank you in advance,
Lee
It could be a case of chronic otitis externa (similar to eczema elsewhere in the body), or it could have been earwax.  Did they see an ENT specialist?
Yes, she did see an ENT specialist. It's not ear wax it is white and flaky, and it is more on the outside of the ear drum around the outter ear. I will look up chronic otitisexterna because I'm not sure what that is. Thank you for your help.
Lee
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.