Ear Disorders Expert Forum
Ear blister

Questions in the Ear Disorders forum are answered by Dr. Eric Wilkinson. Topics include acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors, hearing loss, cochlear implants, stapes surgery, eardrum repair, chronic ear infection, facial nerve problems, childhood deafness, vertigo, balance disorders, and tinnitus.

Ear blister

I had this sudden pain on the rim of my left ear. i looked in the mirrow and the rim - on the top or my ear looks red, swalen and have a blister like someone burnt it with a cigarete. what is it?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is unclear what this is.  It could be a pseudocyst of the ear, an infected inclusion cyst (sebaceous cyst), or represent a more diffuse systemic inflammatory problem.  See your physician for a full exam.  If there is a question, they can refer you to an ENT physician for a full evaluation.

If you would like you could post or send a photo of your ear; perhaps that would help with the diagnosis.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.