Ear Disorders Expert Forum
HELP!

Questions in the Ear Disorders forum are answered by Dr. Eric Wilkinson. Topics include acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors, hearing loss, cochlear implants, stapes surgery, eardrum repair, chronic ear infection, facial nerve problems, childhood deafness, vertigo, balance disorders, and tinnitus.

HELP!

Ok here is my prob, I am a 21 women and i have pulsate tinnitus i hear it my right ear ALL DAY EVERY DAY NON STOP oooookkk and i have for about 3 yrs and its only gotten worse and just recently i have started in my left VERY little every now and then. Sooooo my question to you HOW do i make it stop? I do have wisdom teeth on the bottom and they are half way up and i have been getting those for a couple of years, could it be that? or what i have read alll this **** about it but not any awnsers. I am SOOOO scared that if i get them pulled it wont fix it or only make it worse. If u open my mouth as wide as i can it STOPS or i push on my neck a little it STOPS its so ez to stop but but i  cant walk around with my hand on my neck forever. So any advice PLEZZ give it

Going Crazy,

Ashley
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi Ashley,

The first consideration in your problem is to get an accurate diagnosis.  There are several possible origins for pulsatile tinnitus, including a venous hum from a dominant jugular venous system, an aberrant internal carotid artery in the middle ear, a dural arteriovenous fistula, an abnormal growth or tumor in the middle ear or in the jugular foramen.

The fact that you can make it go away by pushing on your neck suggests a venous hum tinnitus from a dominant jugular venous system on that side.

So, you should see an ENT and have a full evaluation, hearing test, and possible imaging to confirm the cause.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.
1 Comment
A related discussion, pulsatile tinnitus, lump in neck, hearing loss was started.