Ear Disorders Expert Forum
Humming noise in head

Questions in the Ear Disorders forum are answered by Dr. Eric Wilkinson. Topics include acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors, hearing loss, cochlear implants, stapes surgery, eardrum repair, chronic ear infection, facial nerve problems, childhood deafness, vertigo, balance disorders, and tinnitus.

Humming noise in head

What is causeing this humming it is driving me crazy. When i strecth or yawn the roaring, ringing and the humming go way up. i aslo get these tones that come and go. then i also have like weird fluctuation that jump from ear to ear it weird it is hard to explain. I need to know what is causing it so i can get it fixed. I am going to the Mayo clinic in jacksonvile but they can't see me till May.For me that is like forever. I am to the end of my rope here. Any information would be GREATLY APPERCIATED.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You have tinnitus, which has a number of causes, including hearing loss itself.  See an ENT specialist for a full exam and audiometry, to start.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.
1 Comment
A related discussion, treatment for humming in head was started.