Ear Disorders Expert Forum
Its been almost four months and the liquid in my ears won't drain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear Disorders forum are answered by Dr. Eric Wilkinson. Topics include acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors, hearing loss, cochlear implants, stapes surgery, eardrum repair, chronic ear infection, facial nerve problems, childhood deafness, vertigo, balance disorders, and tinnitus.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Its been almost four months and the liquid in my ears won't drain

Hi, my name is Tony and I've been having this problem for the past few months. Around the beginning of December I began to notice this crackling noise in my ears, like if some liquid was trying to move or something. At first I figured it just might be some water in my ears. So I used that product "Swimear" to hopefully remove the liquid, but it didn't really do anything for me. It just caused the pressure in my ears to increase. After that this problem because to fluctuate and either get better or worsened. So finally I went to a doctor because I figured it might be an inner ear problem. So I went and he had a nurse take a look in my ears and she said she could see some liquid in there. So the doctor gave me a shot and some antihistamines. Well a few weeks passed and the crackling just continued to worsen and so did the pressure in my ears, and once in a while it gets a little painful. It even has gotten to the point where listening to music or elevated noise has become very irratating. My ears also begin to ring now everyday. I put up a post on Medhelp in the Community forum for suggestions on what I should do. I've tried antihistamines, decongestants, steam inhalation, the valsava maneuvur, and even chewing gum. Nothing I've tried has helped, and I don't even know what the problem could be anymore. If you have any idea what this problem is or how I can solve it, please help me by leaving a post.

Thank You,

Related Discussions

You could have fluid behind the eardrums (serous otitis media) or this could be Eustachian tube dysfunction.

You need an ENT examination, and if you saw an ENT, you should be seen by an ear specialist (otologist).

You need a history, physical examination, audiometry, tuning fork testing, and impedance audiometry (tympanometry and acoustic reflex testing).

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.
Dear Tony,
same is my story since 3 months, now I am planning for change in climate, will move at a dry, hot place, lets see how it goes,
Best of Luck.

Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank