Filled pasta - for breakfast
Here's a dish, which is portion controlled ,-)  It combines two of our traditional naughty breakfast foods with an Italian influence.

I've no idea of the nutritional analysis.  I try and substitute a richness of flavor, which can be satisfying in a smaller portion.

Breakfast Capellini

Yield: 4 servings

Foodstuffs: 1/2# Capellini - dry, cook al dente and drain, reserving 1 c of the cooking liquid, 4 thick bacon slices (about 1/8") - hickory smoked, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1 T sweet butter, 2 T ea Parmesan, Romano and Asiago - freshly grated, 2 T fresh parsley chopped, 1 T red pepper flakes, 4 large eggs - poached firm

Method: Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp and then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, be sure and pat the tops "dry."  Pour off the bacon fat from the skillet, reserving 1 T, wipe it out, return the fat and melt in the butter over medium.  Add pasta, "starch" water, cheese, and pepper.  Cook on medium, stirring, until sauce thickens and is almost completely absorbed (2- 3 min), remove from heat. Lightly crumble the bacon, add with 1 T parsley and toss. Divide into 4 portions and top with an egg and the remaining parsley. Season to taste at the table with salt and pepper.

I like serving this with a side dish of steamed apple slices that are sprinkled with cinnamon.

My favorite breakfast beverage is Earl Grey blend tea.
Thanks for the reciepe. It sounds really good. I love pasta dishes. I never thought of it for breakfast. I'm gonna try it over the holidays when my children are home......lol

Gentle hugs
Gee
I'm hungry!  Sounds great!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
AppleBr commented on photo
AppleBr commented on photo
Piparskeggr commented on photo
Sep 26