Eating Disorders Expert Forum
All i want to do is eat & sleep!!! why??

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Hello, well like all the other posts on here i too am an emotional eater, i dont feel worthy of anything or anyone, i was diagnosed with major depression last year, ive lost so many family members since 2004 i have a terrible relationship with my parents my bf is an ******* my daughter is the lovliest thing ever but i dont feel like im beint the mother she deserves. Me and my mom always argue we can never agree on anything my bf constantly wants to be in control of me, me and my dad hardly ever talk and my even tho i love my daughter so so much i never do anything productive with her. i went back to school last year but quit going ive wanted to go back but my bf says i need to work its more important but then my mom says education comes first finish that then ill have a better paying job. I eat eat and eat all they time i'd rather be in bed all day or on the computer doin nothing. I eat when im bored i overeat when i am hungry till im excessively full and i feel so quilty after. i just want to lose weight so bad, i hate going out in public even tho i love to take pictures with family, friends etc. i hate the way i look in them. I just hate myself, my cousin who was like a brother to me committed suicide this year and im sure it was because he was depressed alot and just hated his life but i seen what it can do to our family and the way i suffered i dont want to do that to my family and i dont want to leave my daughter but idk what else to do... please help... also i havent started my cycle in over 4 months even if i was pregnant my bf doesnt want it. But i dont think i am as i dont have any symptoms..
You have a serious depression and you need more than help with your emotional eating, you need treatment for your depression first.   Please ask your doctor to make a referral to a psychiatrist so you can get the help you deserve.