Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Am I fat??

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Am I fat??

I feel fat. I look fat. I'm about 5 ft 3 and I'm 123.7 lbs. I'm 13 and a girl. I typed in on the app I want to be 92lbs by July 1 2013. :/ I just need to be feeling confident for the summer. My limit for calories is 400 something, and I feel like I've been having restricted eating problems since july 2012. I went from 141 to what I am now in about a month and stayed that way. I don't seem to lose any weight, any advice?
angaaa, So sorry you are struggling.  It is hard to be 13 and not feel comfortable in your body.  You are definitely not alone!  Each of our body’s is very wise.  Our body knows what is best for us.  We need to get our heads out of the way to help our bodies guide what we need.  Girls’ bodies when they go through puberty can complicate things a lot.  Some girls gain as much as 40 pounds while their bodies are adjusting to turn into a woman.  It can freak girls out!  There is hope and helpful ways to learn how to eat healthy, exercise appropriately and deal with emotions and any issues like anxiety or depression.  Seek guidance from your parents or a school counselor.  You are young.  Learning healthy habits now is so important!  To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit The Bella Vita website.  Wishing you the best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
No , you're not fat ! You're at a normal weight ! I am 5'4 and 123 too. But I also want to lose weight ! So here it is what really works for me :
ABC diet (Pro-ana)
Skinny Girl diet (Pro-ana)
Skim Milk and youghurt only (for5days)
I am a competitive dancer so I dance a lot and this really helps for me :)
Crunches , Sit-ups , Squats , Running (for15-30min) a day and you will see results within a month , 8 000 - 10 000 steps per day (step counter) , plenty amount of water and green tea :)
Good Luck :) !
ABC diet (Pro-ana)
Skinny Girl diet (Pro-ana)
Skim Milk and youghurt only (for5days)
Good Luck :) !