Anorexia Recovery Meal Plan
I'm trying to recover from anorexia nervosa .. i would like to know from the people who are/were going trough this what are you meal plans to get out of this ed.
thank you
Have you gone to a nutritionist about this?
yes i did, but i like to have an ideia about what people like me were eating while recovering from anorexia
Does your dietitian specialize in eating disorders? If she has any idea what she's doing, which I will assume she does, then she is the one to rely on for the refeeding process. Everybody is different and has a different story, so comparisons might make things more difficult for you. Generally though the idea is to eat meals and snacks through the day, but the amounts might start smaller and increase with time depending on what they can handle and how they're doing, etc. etc. There are so many things to take into account and that's where the dietitian can work with you personally on where you are at.
Hello.
I've been trying to recover for a year now, unsuccessfully, but i've had 4 different meal plans in the past year. One was eatting 6x a day with a certain amount of starches, grains, fruits, veggies etc. I had a list of how much i had to eat at each different time, that was when i was struggleing more with bulimia. When my anorexica/bulimia were both acting up at the same time, i was on 1200 cal. meal plan, but i could eat whatever i wanted on it. Know i'm getting a new plan on Mon. very restricted. Eating 4-5 times a day, with mostly fruits, veggies, and chicken, cutting out maccarroni, starches, carbs, almost all together.
  Really your meal plan has to be something you agree to. Not something so overwhelming that your afraid to start it. Make sure ou tell your nutrionist what you can handle to start with. Try starting with a small piece of your meal plan and see how it goes. If it's going well than you can gradually add on to it. Remember it took you years to develop ED, so it might tak a while for you to be able to follow an entire meal plan completly.
The meal plan in the IOP recovery program I am working with looks like this:

B- 2protein, 2starch, 1fat, 1fruit or veggie, 8oz juice or milk and water
S- 1-2starch, 1fat, 8oz juice or milk and water
L- 3protein, 2starch, 1fat, 1fruit or veggie, 8oz juice or milk and water
D- 3protein, 2starch, 1fat, 1fruit or veggie, 8oz juice or milk and water
S- 1starch, 1fat, 8oz juice or milk and water

This meal plan helped me to start eating again properly after my anorexia.

Breakfast - A bowl of cereal of your choice with semi skimmed milk then a glass of fresh orange juice.

Morning Snack - Cereal Bar and an apple

Lunch- A chicken sandwich, a yogurt of your choice followed by a glass of juice

Afternoon Snack- Chocolate bar or a banana

Tea time - Steak, New potatoes, Peas

Pudding - 2 scoops of ice cream

Before Bed - A glass of milk with  4 crackers  

This was what my dietitian gave me and it really helped me start of, hope it helps!