Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Anorexia and stomach distention

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Anorexia and stomach distention

What is the best cure for a distended stomach and constipation? I am laxative dependent already, and my stomach is so swollen that I can barely eat, and I am trying to recover from anorexia. I have tried Gas X, enulose, Midol, water pills, diet pills.. I could go on forever. I'm desperate. I have gained 4 pounds in a few days, and I look pregnant. Any ideas are much appreciated. Thank you!!
As I am not a medical doctor, I would direct you to seek medical help immediately.  Although the discomfort is unbearable, your electrolytes could be off.  Also, you need medical attention to address your laxative dependency.  To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  
The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA